Swiss producer Wildlife! recently dropped his bass-heavy debut album highlighting the cross pollination of punk rock and reggae, Roxy Reboot -the title a reference to the legendary London club that was ground zero of the late 70s punk/reggae exchange. Wildlife! created electronic versions of reggae classics featuring the original veterans of Londons late 70s punk scene, and punk covers by current Jamaican dancehall acts.
His long standing relationships and collaborations with fellow producers and DJs around the world now comes full circle to complete the critically acclaimed Roxy Reboot project in its entirety.
01. Oh Bondage Up Yours (Ital Tek Remix) Ital Tek is Brighton-based electronic musician Alan Myson, signed with Mike Paradinas Planet Mu label. He kicks things off with a dreamy footwork flavoured take of "Oh Bondage Up Yours".
02. Police Riddim (Optimum Remix) London DJ/Producer/label boss Optimum has released tracks an remixes on taste-making labels like Night Slugs, Planet Mu and his own Hum + Buzz imprint that he co-runs with Ikonika. He transfers the "Police & Thieves" instrumental into dark, loopy hip hop tinged territories.
03. No Future ft. Ward 21 (LuckyBeard & Digi G'Alessio Remix) Italian madman LuckyBeard (aka Crookers) teams up with fellow Italian Digi G'Alessio for a genre-bending take on No Future.
04. Armagideon Time (Sam Tiba Remix) Sam Tiba, member of infamous Paris gang Club Cheval, who recently signed to Brodinski's Bromance Records and made waves with their Theophilus London featuring remix of Rihanna's "Jump", hands in a bass heavy dancefloor tool.
05. Should I Stay Or Should I Go ft. Natalie Storm (Schlachthofbronx Remix) Bavarian bass-bulldogs of Mad Decent and Mixpak Records fame deliver an amen driven piece of trade mark 'Munich bass'.
06. Kingdom Rise Kingdom Fall (Poirier Remix) Canadian' veteran producer with albums for Ninja Tune and EPs for Mixpak, ZZK and Man Recordings under his belt, flips the 70 bpm creeper into a percussion driven dancefloor belter.
07. Pissheadsville (XXXXX Remix)
08. Night Nurse (Radiorifle Remix) Switzerland based up-and-comers and Red Bull Music Academy alumnis Radiorifle round up the package with a beautifully layered, housy take on Wildlife!'s interpretation of this Gregory Isaacs classic.
-- "The alliance between punk and reggae was a genuine and a real one. Reggae was the music of rebellion and punk was the music of rebellion, so it was black and white working class culture showing some solidarity with each other."- Linton Kwesi Johnson