Soul Beat feat. Erica Dee & Honey Larochelle
- Artists CMC & Silenta, The Funk Hunters, Utah Jazz, BreakBeatBuddha, Neighbour
- Release Date 2013-07-31
- Label Westwood Recordings
- Catalog WWR001
Already receiving support from the likes of RJD2, Stickybuds, Slynk, Neon Steve, Jalapeno Records, Mat The Alien, Basement Freaks, and many more
A year in the making, sparked by a collaboration between Canada's 'Funk Hunters' and Germany's 'CMC&Silenta' - "Soul Beat" features the vocal talents of Miss Erica Dee & Honey Larochelle, with an absolutely storming all star cast on remix duty!
SOUL BEAT - THE FUNK HUNTERS and CMC&SILENTA - Original & Instrumental Mixes:
110BPM all original mid tempo jam; Where funk meets bass! Crunchy synths layered with soulful hiphop inspired vocals, "Soul Beat" is the soundtrack for your summer dance floor!
And for our debut release, Westwood has gone all out on the remix package, enlisting an all star cast of heavy weight producers:
- UTAH JAZZ: The legendary UK Liquid Drum and Bass master turns in a beautifully deep remix, rich in sub bass, with an almost haunting piano hook! As equally suited for your iPod as it is for a late night dancefloor, this one has serious repeat playability, and we'd expect nothing less from our favorite Liquid DnB producer!
- THE BREAKBEATBUDDHA: One of the true Glitch Hop pioneers, the BBB makes his first return to the scene in many years since moving his attention to his alter ego project of PropaTingz. The BBB is back in a big way and brings something entirely new to the table with his 126BPM UK-Funky meets Deep-House meets 2-Step inspired remix of Soul Beat. A massive uptempo feel good UK Bass anthem with his signature BBB-style bass and vocal edits cleverly shining through, and just in time for summer!!!
- NEIGHBOUR: The infamous Canadian Disco House technician does what he does best turning in not one but two excellent cuts of lush deep disco house with an absolutely infectious summer time vocal and piano hook! His clean production never ceases to amaze us, and this has summer hit written all over it!
Also included on the EP is an "INSTRUMENTAL" mix of the Original and an extra "DUB" mix courtesy of Neighbour!
For label and licensing inquiries, contact Nick Middleton: firstname.lastname@example.org
Distributed by Label Engine - www.label-engine.com