- Release Date 2013-10-14
- Label SSOH Music
- Catalog SSOH53
Title: New Blood From The Block Vol.1
1) The Deepshakerz & Dario D'Attis - Attitude
2) Francesco Tarantini - Django
3) Loris Conte - Tonight
4) soDDa - Chamelle
5) Greg Delon ft. Mister K - My Funk Hole
Claude Monnet's SSOH imprint has delivered various high-points since it was first conceived by the man himself way back in 1995. And to that list you now can add the label's latest release, the wonderfully refined sounds of ''New Blood From The Block" ; a 5-track EP that showcases - with some distinction - the recent movers and shakers behind the Parisian label. NBFTB is a brand new V/A series, whereby the label head sets out to showcase myriad genres and new talents from all around the world. First up on the heavyweight offering is the The Deepshakerz & Dario D'Attis, who team up for the quite exceptional ''Attitude''. The former, of course, have history on other seminal imprints such as Kling Klong and Intacto, and it's with good reason too: if it's catchy house music with a certain ahem, 'attitude', you're after, this one is sure to tick the boxes with some aplomb. The bassline drags the listener kicking and screaming towards the floor, while the female vocal serves to add a sense of heightened, urban atmosphere to the table. A heady start to an offering that never lets its guarddown throughout.
Francesco Tarantini's ''Django'' arrives hot on the heels of the latter. The Italian producer has proved a key figure in the SSOH story lately, with the likes of ''Antitesi'' and ''Neapolis'' bringing both himself and the label to a whole new audience. ''Django'' initially makes a subtle impression, before it explodes into a kaleidoscope of colour that calls on everything from chiming bells to cosmic synths to a party-starting bassline. Once again, Tarantini has brought his A-game to proceedings... Loris Conte's ''Tonight'' then pairs a 90s house aesthetic with a muffled vocal, and the result a track that's notable for its dancefloor decisiveness. Berlin duo SoDDa's ''Chamelle'' begs comparison to the sophisticated, classic-leaning Sebo K tracks of old, and much like the concluding number, Greg Delon & Mister K's ''My Funk Hole'', it's a track that's found an apt home on a Parisian label renowned for its high-end house trappings. Based on this evidence, the future of SSOH is certainly in good hands.
Early Support from (alphabetical order):
- AFFKT (Rekids, Barraca, Darkroom Dubs) : Great Tracks
- Alessio Collina (Trend, Be As One, ViVa) : "First 3 tracks are nice, thnx"
- Alexi Delano (Drumcode, Hidden, Plus 8) : Django is the hit for me.
- Animal Trainer (HIVE, Stil Vor Talent) : "few favorites here...will play 4 sure!"
- Atapy (Noir/Rebelion) : "Good package, will try some, thanks :)"
- Brothers' Vibe (BV Black, NJ, USA) : "KILLER piece! Great selection of tracks :)"
- Bubba (Hot Creations, Pets, Trax) : "nice electronic and chunky will play !!! props thanks!!"
- Carlo Gambino (Hot Waves) : Social)"'Django' all the way for me.....a great slab house!
- Dan Drastic (Moon Harbour, Highgrade) : "Love the Deepshakerz track."
- FOG (Ninja Tune, Noir) :"Loris Conte is dope club tool.will defo try out!"
- Graham Sahara (Pacha, Ibiza) : "Loris Conte is my favourite here, but all mixes aer really good. this is just very good classy house music."
- Horatio (Desolat, VIVa) : "deepshakerz and francesco for me"
- Hot Since 82 (Get Physical, Noir, Moda) : "wicked e.p :) love them all"
- Inland Knights (2020 Vision, NRK) : Really Nice ep, I will play some.
- Marco Carola (Music On, Desolat, M-nus) : Django Is hot.
- Olderic (Area Remote, Saved, Terminal M) : "tonight & chamelle for me ,thanks"
- Phiorio (Leftroom, Metroline Limited) : "Attitude is big!"
- Simi (SCI TEC, Moan) : "Tonight and Chamelle for me..thanks!"
- Tom Taylor (Fina, 2020 Vision, In Fine) : "really nice vibes here"
- UGLH (8bit, Lucidflow, Suara) : "Great tracks thanks"