Strictly Roger Sanchez celebrates one of the most pioneering and prolific house music producers of all time. From a humble beginning in NYC to multi-year residencies in Ibiza, digging in dusty crates to headlining festival main-stages around the world, Roger Sanchez has become a house music institution. In the late 80s in Corona, Queens, Roger was enticed by the early roots of hip-hop that were spreading throughout New York. Attending parties by the Bronx River and other jams as a break-dancer and graffiti artist, Sanchez was introduced to DJing through friends, trying his hand in an organic environment where his creativity behind the decks flourished. A few singles eventually became an ambitious catalogue of over two thousand original productions and remixes. Spanning the whole length of his dynamic career, this compilation is a comprehensive anthology of Sanchez's finest studio moments, comprising productions and remixes from his various intriguing aliases.
Strictly Roger Sanchez
1. Roger Sanchez 'Strictly Roger Sanchez Mix'
2. Incognito 'Givin' It Up' (Roger Sanchez Uplifting Club Mix) Written by J.P. Maunick & Richard John Bull Produced by J.P. 'Bluey' Maunick & Richard John Bulll Additional Production & Remix by Roger S. for InDeep Productions, Inc Published by NTV Music & Warner Chappell Licensed courtesy of Universal International Music B.V. P&C 1993 Mercury Records Limited
3. Drizabone 'Pressure' (Roger's Soul Sensation Mix) Written by Billy April & Vincent Garcia Produced by Driza Bone for Bone Idol Productions Engineered by Gary Wright & Andy Parker Remix by Roger Sanchez Published by Rondor Music Ltd Licensed courtesy of Universal International Music B.V. P&C 1994 Island Records, a division of Universal Music Operations Limited
4. Valerie Etienne 'Misunderstanding' (Roger's R-Senal Mix) Lyrics by V. Etienne, G. Cang & G. Williams Music by G. Cang & G. Williams Produced by Ski Oakenfull Vocals by Valerie Etienne Remix Produced by Roger S. for InDeep Productions Additional Keyboards by Scars Mix Engineer: Doug DeAngelis Published by Chrysalis Music Ltd & Hit & Run Music Ltd P&C 1994 Clean Up Records
5. Love Tribe 'Stand Up' (Narcotic Mix) Written by Dewey Bullock, Latanza Waters & Victor Mitchell Produced & Mixed by Dewey B Vocals by Latanza Waters Executive Producers: E-Smoove & Cherisse Miller Reconstructed & Remixed by Roger Sanchez for Narcotic Productions Published by Bocu Music Ltd, Sherlock Holmes Music Ltd & Universal/MCA Music Limited 'Stand Up' contains as sample of 'There But For The Grace Of God' performed by Machine. Written by August Darnell & Kevin Nance. Published by Bocu Music. Sample Licensed by BMG Records (UK) Ltd. Licensed courtesy of Universal International Music B.V. P&C 1996 A&M Records Ltd
6. Corrina Joseph 'Live Your Life With Me' (Narcotic Vocal Mix) Written by Simon Ratcliffe & Felix Buxton Produced by Basement Jaxx Vocals by Corrina Joseph Reconstructed & Remixed by Roger Sanchez for InDeep Productions Published by Universal Licensed courtesy of Atlantic Jaxx Recordings Ltd P&C 1997 Atlantic Jaxx Recordings Ltd
7. Howie B. 'Making Love On Your Side' (S-Man's Dark Gypsy Mix) Written by Howie B. Produced & Arranged by Howie B. V